ToastMasterMToastMasterM

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

All 7 art Reviews

One Eye One Eye

PLEBIAN SCUM. I FIND YOUR WORK TO BE SHALLOW AND WITHOUT TASTE.
2 OUT OF 5, WOULD NOT DEIGN TO SOIL MY OPTICULAR NODES WITH SUCH DROSS AGAIN!

But not really. Nice lighting on the tree(s) there, what'd you make this in? Photoshop? Illustrator? Etc.?

LordWozz responds:

Haha. Nice try jimmy rustler!

I used Illustrator. The lighting on the trees was created by using an art-brush texture applied to a path.

Sanford's Hook Chain Sanford's Hook Chain

Don't listen to that cracka-fool below, you can make art AND music at the same time, and you will not get better at either without practice and dedication.

That said, I will agree that it isn't very good, high school level stuff if I can be brutally honest.
There's a distinct lack of consistent proportions (e.g. the right shoulder is larger and further away from the neck than the arm holding the hook) the body's outline is flat and provides no real depth to the figure, the right elbow doesn't use forshortening and makes the character look stiff as well as adding to the "flatness", and the lines indicating his bicepts are incorrectly placed and out of proportion to the rest of his arm(s) as well.

I'm not hatin' here, just giving some honest criticism in case you decide to continue to develop your artistic potential, which is never a bad thing!

Dr. Robotnik Dr. Robotnik

Noice!

Interesting gritty/realistic interpretation of Robotnik. How DID you get the skin to have that gritty real-ish-ness quality? I can't seem to replicate it myself...

JoshSummana responds:

its a mixture of speckle brushes and scattering and just working it in. I paint lines randomly and then paint over it bit by bit so it looks built up. Try getting Dan Luvisi's brush set or Algenpfleger's brushes :). They really help. jaime Jones has some cool ones too

FAUX: Indiegogo poster FAUX: Indiegogo poster

A poster...?

Or is it a FAUXster?
Ba dum Kssh!
I'll be here all week folks!

marsoupskin responds:

Ziiiiiinnngg!

Bunnyman Bunnyman

Wait a minute....

Haven't I seen you or your work before? Have you ever posted art on Doug TenNapels forum?

This piece is quite freaky. Reminds of equal parts ren and stimpy plus Frank the Bunny from that weird Donnie Darko movie. Excellent work!

DirkErik-Schulz responds:

Yes, I am a part of the TenNapel Forum and a friend of Doug.

Garage Fighting 2010 Garage Fighting 2010

Nice!

When I gwow up, I wanna be juft wike youw. oh, wait, I'm 22 already... Ok, well, when I grow-er up!

The VICIOUS VEGAN! The VICIOUS VEGAN!

Nice

Although soething about his right hand is nagging me.... I think it's how his fingers are curling, kinda looks a bit...off somehow. Good overall though, this guy should get his own series!